The Return of Wisdom and Philosophy to their own House in the Sadra Islamic Philosophy Institute 15.11.2009
In the latest meeting of the Assembly of the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy”, which has been involved in a series of influential cultural and philosophical activities for five years, a number of government delegates and members of Majlis Shuray-e Islami and the related organizations were present. They used this opportunity to honor and appreciate the station of philosophy and philosophers, which are the most valuable treasures of the country.
Last week, like previous years, in an iftar (breaking a fast) ceremony the meeting of the members of the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy”, including some of the presidents of universities for rational sciences, supreme philosophy masters, and political and cultural figures of the country, was held with the presence of Professor Seyyed Mohammed Khamenei in the Sadra Islamic Philosophy Institute. The new projects and programs of this House were discussed in this gathering.
The President of the Sadra Islamic Philosophy Institute, while congratulating the coming of the blissful month of Ramadan, maintained that the philosophy of founding the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy” is the revival of the status of philosophy and theoretical and rational wisdom and supporting masters and researchers in the field of philosophy in society. Moreover, he referred to this undertaking as the main requirement of the period of cultural growth.
The President of the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy” introduced the spread of opposition to wisdom as the root of the common misbehaviors in society and stated that the basic task of the assembly of masters in the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy” is the revival of the status of the science of philosophy and the station of philosophers as invaluable treasures in vast fields of society and the dissemination of philosophical deliberation over the storm of incidents and events in the country.
While emphasizing the necessity of the government’s support of this professional assembly, Professor Khamenei expressed hope that, in the light of Divine Blessing and the cooperation of the members of the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy”, the Assembly, in addition to its national activities, succeeds in playing an influential role overseas and solving the problems of the international society.
Later, Dr. Hamidreza Ayatullahi, President of the Research Center for culture and Human Sciences and the Secretary of the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy”, maintained that creating a group of philosophy masters and professors and those who are interested in philosophy is the basis of all thoughts in society. While emphasizing this point, he presented some suggestions as the bases for the activities of the “House” in the framework of scientific, administrative, and financial problems, as well as the issues related to communication, welfare, and foreign affairs. These suggestions are as follows:
- Trying to spread philosophical thinking among all people in the country at different levels
- Establishing a scientific society for all under the title “Iranian Philosophy Masters” with a collective and legal identity dealing with scientific issues
- Absorbing young researchers in the field of philosophy and wisdom and guiding them towards employment in all the fields needed by the country
- Creating a center for concentrating the cultural and moral needs of the organizations of the country in the field of philosophy
- Affecting the major policies of the country and having continuous presence in the system of planning for administrative issues
- Establishing relationships with the important scientific centers of the world in order to pave the way for the scientific presence of Iranian masters and professors in the academic centers of the world and contributing to the dissemination of masters’ thoughts in the important and valid scientific journals of the world
- Having scientific and political presence in important world events
Another noteworthy point is that is this meeting of the Assembly, which has been involved in highly effective cultural and philosophical activities for five years, some government delegates and members of Majlis Shuray-e Islami and the related organizations were also present and seized this opportunity to pay their respect to philosophers, who are the most precious treasures of the country, and appreciate their status.
Rationalizing religion in society and purifying people’s religious beliefs and thoughts from superstitions, checking the competency of school philosophy teachers, and evaluating philosophy books and presenting suggestions for the improvement of educational philosophy programs at universities were among the most important duties of philosophers and the “House of Wisdom and Philosophy” from the viewpoint of the professors attending the meeting.
“The House of Wisdom and Philosophy” started its activities in 2004 as the first professional assembly and center for establishing unity and consistency among all the various philosophical centers in the country.
Back to Titles